lauantai 6. elokuuta 2011

Everyman Over

I ended the Everyman attempt after 18 days. I know, it's pathetic. Did fairly well for two weeks, felt good, then the going got tough. But the fact that I just slept through all of my alarms like nothing, and considering that I've struggled with oversleeps all through the effort, means there's no sense on keep going. I have nothing to prove in terms of willpower and determination, if you doubt them read through the whole blog. It's just that my body is not accepting this. Only reason I would keep going would be if I had 100 % failure prove alarm, and I don't think there is any. Another human being is the closest to that, but I don't have anyone to help me at the moment.

This sounds pretty damning judgment, like whole polyphasic sleep is just a pipe-dream. I'm definitely not believing that, not yet. What I'll try now is to mantain my quick napping. I really have had that handled, I've missed hardly any naps because of failing to fall asleep. I want to keep that ability, so I'm going to try to increase the core gradually while having as many naps as I can, with a minimum of 90 minutes in between.

The first day didn't work though, I'm just no waking to alarm anymore, I slept through it and for 7½ hours. I'm still trying to get some naps in. I have plenty of sleep dep in the storage, so having naps shouldn't yet be a problem even with full "nights" sleep (it isn't actually night)

If I end up just slipping back into monophasic sleep, that's fine. Next effort will probably be in the latter half of the August on triphasic sleep, that has titillated me for long. I'd wish I had Zeo properly working though, perhaps I should just bite the bullet and buy some replacement censors.

I'll be posting new stuff here in the meanwhile too.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti